Chester Racecourse has appointed Frank Whittle Partnership to project manage a £3.5m new pavilion and restaurant overlooking the home straight.
FWP will work with the design architects Donald Insall Associates to deliver the new pavilion and with Dryburgh Gillian Associates on the 1539 Restaurant project.
Chester Race Company, the course owner, has already spent £4m in the past three years on improvements and extension to Paddock facilities, the County and Tattersalls stands and the Old Port Stable development.
The new single-storey pavilion will house owners and trainers in the centre of the circular course; accommodate up to 500 racegoers and provide Tote betting facilities.
The 1539 Restaurant, named after the year of the first race meeting at Chester, will be built in the Tattersall stand and trade throughout the year, operated by Heathcote's.
FWP is also working on a £100m plan for the creation of Salford Forest Park racecourse near Manchester, on behalf of property giant Peel Holdings. The overall project is to develop 1,690 acres of former estate lands to create a racecourse and a country park.