Speakers from Central Lancashire, Lancaster, Blackpool and beyond have signed-up to take part in the Lancashire Update on 24 January in Blackburn, a half-day event which will cover some of the largest developments coming forward in the county.
Tickets are on sale now for the first of Place North West‘s 2019 development series, due to take place at the Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel.
Sponsored by the Preston, South Ribble & Lancashire City Deal and LUC, the event will give an update on economic activity across Lancashire, the key developments, future sites, and policies shaping the area. Housing, warehouses, offices, retail, City Deal progress and more will be explored in a mix of presentations and panels.Specific schemes to be discussed include Penwortham’s 2,000 home masterplan, Chorley Market Walk, Cuerden, Lancaster Canal Quarter, Morecambe Eden Project, Blackpool’s Talbot Gateway, Lancashire’s Local Plans, Frontier Park in Blackburn, Enterprise Zones, and more.
More than 200 property professionals are expected to attend, and good time will be allowed for networking.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Adrian Phillips, chief executive, Preston City Council
- Karen Hirst, managing director, Maple Grove Developments
- Kate McClean, senior strategic land and planning manager, Taylor Wimpey
- Stephen Young, executive director, growth, environment, transport and community services, Lancashire County Council
- Kieran Keane, assistant chief executive, Lancaster City Council
- Nick Gerrard, growth and prosperity programme director, Blackpool Council
- Gregg Stott, Deputy Chief Executive (Regeneration & Growth), South Ribble Council
- Melissa Kurihara, associate director, LUC
- David Cox, director, David Cox Architects
- Alex Kenwright, development manager, Frontier Park
- Neil Thornton, director, Etc Urban
- Michael Ahern, chief operating officer, University of Central Lancashire
Chaired by Jessica Middleton-Pugh, editor, Place North West
The event will start at 8am for networking and breakfast, with an 8.30am start to presentations. The conference will end at noon for further networking and lunch. Your ticket price includes refreshments throughout the morning.
Tickets cost £60+VAT.