Four buildings have made it through from the seven on the long-list for the Greater Manchester Chamber Building of the Year award.
The four finalists are:
- Stockport Plaza restoration, Brock Carmichael Architects
- The Point at Lancashire County Cricket Club, Trafford, by BDP
- New Patient Treatment Centre at the Christie Hospital, Manchester, AFL Architects
- People's History Museum, Manchester, Austin-Smith:Lord
The three that did not make it to the final are Stockport College town centre campus, Austin-Smith:Lord; Aquinas College redevelopment, Stockport, designed by Broadway Malyan; and 1 New York Street, Manchester, Denton Corker Marshall.
The winner will be announced at the chamber's property section's annual dinner at the Hilton Manchester on 14 October and the award will be presented by Sir Howard Bernstein.
The 2009 award was won by the Ashton Market development and other previous winners include John Rylands Library, the Beetham Tower and the Radisson Hotel.
- For more details about booking a place at the awards dinner please contact Lisa Wroe on 0161 875 2360 or email@example.com