The Forum for the Built Environment is hosting an event billed as the Rally to Restore Confidence in Manchester next week.
The breakfast event will bring together will feature a panel of senior figures in property, politics and business and is aimed at kick-starting 2013 with a positive message.
FBE said: "No more looking at days gone by and making reference to how good things used to be in 2007; this event will look at the North West market place in 2013 and beyond and our speakers will all deliver a positive message and prediction for the future. Market conditions will remain fairly stable for the foreseeable future and the government is predicting growth and recovery so things will begin to improve and there are still many opportunities out there to compete for.
- Cllr Sir Richard Leese, leader of Manchester City Council
- Tom Bloxham, chairman, Urban Splash
- John Atkins, director of Airport City
- James Heather, senior projects director at Argent
- Mike Blackburn, chairman Greater Manchester Local Enterprise Partnership
- Ken Knott, chief executive of Ask Developments
- Prof John Brooks, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Michael Taylor, Downtown Manchester in Business
The event is due to take place on 15 January at the Hilton Hotel Deansgate.