A £14.5m project to build new waste transfer stations in Middleton, Preston and Skelmersdale will be delivered by several contractors including Eric Wright and BAM.
Lancashire County Council, advised by Entec UK, which is based in Manchester and Northwich, picked the following companies for the work:
- Eric Wright Civil Engineering, Preston
- Cheetham Hill Construction, Bury
- Wrekin Construction, Runcorn
- BAM Nuttall, Northwhich
- Hanson Contracting, Penrith
- JN Bentley, Skipton
- Ascot Environmental, Radcliffe
The work is part of Lancashire's 20-year waste management strategy that set a target of stabilising municipal waste at 0% growth a year. The new facilities will manage and treat Lancashire County Council and Blackpool Council's municipal waste.