Lord Andrew Adonis, minister of state for transport, will talk about the opportunities of high speed rail for the North at the next Northern Regeneration Summit, due to be held in Manchester on 20 and 21 October.
The two day conference at Manchester Central will also feature a session on how public sector task forces have reacted to job losses at Northern Rock, Nissan and Corus.
The impact a change of government from Labour to Conservative will have on the regeneration sector will also be debated.
Speakers so far confirmed include:
- Sir Howard Bernstein, chief executive, Manchester City Council
- Sarah Whitney, managing director of regeneration & development, CB Richard Ellis
- Guy Butler, projects director, Grosvenor
- Ken Knott, chief executive, Ask Developments
- Sam Younger, chief executive, Shelter
- Roger Liddle, chairman, Cumbria Vision
- John Holmes, chief executive, Hull Forward
Visit www.northernregenerationsummit.com more details