Property, farming and tourism are represented on the board of the new local enterprise partnership for Cumbria.
The board consists of 12 people, six from the private and six from the public sector, with a private sector chairman.
Private sector members:
- George Beveridge, Nuclear Management Partners Sellafield. Interim chairman
- Fred Story, Story Group (construction, rail, house building)
- Jackie Arnold, BAE Systems Submarine Solutions (manufacturing)
- Maria Whitehead, Hawkshead Relish (food and drink)
- Michael Cowen, M&J Cowen (farming and land management)
- Stephen Broughton, Lindeth Howe and Mountain Goat (tourism and hospitality)
Public sector members:
- Eddie Martin, Cumbria County Council
- Brendan Jameson, South Lakeland District Council
- Elaine Woodburn, Copeland Borough Council
- Mike Mitchelson, Carlisle City Council
- Bill Jefferson, Lake District National Park Authority
- Moira Tattersal, Carlisle College
Each district council member will represent two local authorities because of the number of councils in the area.
Initial appointments are for one year with the option to go for reselection. In the future, appointments are expected to be for three years.
Local enterprise partnerships will replace regional development agencies in April 2012 and direct economic development in sub-regional areas.