A special event is to be held in Liverpool to outline preparations for handling the increased tourism business expected during the European Capital of Culture year in 2008.
The half-day event is being held at the FACT centre on Wood Street on 1 November and will be hosted by the Countdown 08 Group, a hitherto behind-the-scenes committee of Liverpool City Council, Liverpool Vision and other regeneration partners.
Speakers at the conference, to be chaired by Sara Wilde, regional managing director of Trinity Mirror, will include:
- Alan Stilwell, operations director, Merseytravel, on 'The Journey: arriving and getting around'
- Mike Burchnall, assistant executive director, Liverpool City Council, on 'Managing the City: making Liverpool clean, safe and enjoyable'
- Kris Donaldson, marketing director, Liverpool Culture Company, 'The Cultural Welcome: programme highlights & how we will welcome our visitors'
- Rod Holmes, project director, Grosvenor, and Gerald Andrews, finance director, Arena and Convention Centre Liverpool, 'What's New in 08: the developments transforming our city'
- Cllr Warren Bradley, leader of Liverpool City Council, and Cllr Mike Storey, executive member for regeneration and formerly leader of the city council, with closing remarks
For more details contact Liverpool Vision on 0151 707 8007