Planning permission was granted unanimously by Manchester City Council for Manchester City FC's 80-acre Etihad Campus next to the stadium.
The proposed development includes:
- A home for up to 400 young players who will train and study alongside senior players, with a clear development pathway to the first team
- One half size and 11 full size youth development pitches
- One half size and 4 full size first team pitches
- On site sleeping accommodation and classroom facility for 40 young players to allow them to train and study in a safe and secure environment
- A planned first team building with changing rooms, gym, refectory and injury and rehab centre
- A 7,000 capacity stadium for youth matches
- Staff offices and a dedicated media centre
- A bridge across Alan Turing Way linking the Etihad Stadium and the academy
The application was voted on at a meeting of the local authority's planning committee on Thursday.