CityCo, in partnership with Manchester Science Parks, Bruntwood, and Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, present a CityConversation about Knowledge & Innovation in Manchester, sponsored by Cisco.
Date: Thursday 11 October 2012
Time: 8am – 10am
Venue: The Bridgewater Hall, Lower Mosley Street, M2 3WS
- Sir Howard Bernstein, Chief Executive, Manchester City Council
- Phil Smith, CEO, Cisco UK & Ireland
- Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell, President and Vice Chancellor, The University of Manchester
- Drew Hemment, CEO, Future Everything
- Keith Chantler, Executive Director, Trustech
- (Chair) Rowena Burns, Chief Operating Officer, Bruntwood; Chairman, CityCo
Knowledge & Innovation in Manchester
Sir Howard Bernstein will review the strategic vision for Manchester's innovation and knowledge-based economic growth at the breakfast event on 11 October.
Phil Smith will discuss Cisco's work to support innovation in the UK, including the British Innovation Gateway and National Virtual Incubator.
Prof Dame Nancy Rothwell will reflect on the University of Manchester's contributions to the city's knowledge economy, highlighting this with examples from cutting edge research such as Graphene.
Drew Hemment will talk about supporting the creative and digital economy in Manchester and FutureEverything's role as an Innovation Laboratory.
Keith Chantler will examine the opportunities that Manchester's translational healthcare sector can provide for the city's economy.
The event will conclude with questions from the audience and answers from the panel.
This event is free of charge to members and guests of CityCo, the Piccadilly Partnership, and Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce.
However, places are limited, so please email email@example.com to register your name and reserve your space.
- 8.00am Buffet breakfast and registration
- 8.30am Presentations from the panel
- 9.40am Q&A with the audience
- 10.00am Event closes