The inaugural chairman of the local enterprise partnership for Cheshire & Warrington will be chosen at the first board meeting of the new organisation on Saturday.
The chairman will be one of the private sector board members in agreement with Government guidelines. The first board meeting is due to take place at the Cottons Hotel in Knutsford.
The board members were announced in January.
The private sector directors are:
- Martin Ashcroft – Brunner Mond
- Robert Davies – EA Technology
- Christine Gaskell – Bentley Motors
- Howard Hopwood – Harman Technology
- Louise Morrissey – Peel Holdings
- Graham Ramsbottom – Grosvenor Estate
- Nigel Schofield – Northenden Travel Group
- Pete Waterman – Pete Waterman Entertainments
Successful applicants in the education and voluntary sectors are:
- Tim Wheeler – Higher education
- Sara Mogel – Further education
- Alison Roylance-White – voluntary
The leaders of the three local authorities in the area will also sit on the board.
Local enterprise partnerships are set to replace regional development agencies which are in the process of being wound down and will close in March 2012.