Central Lancashire Logo

Central Lancashire launches second call for development sites

Three Lancashire authorities – Chorley, Preston, and South Ribble – are inviting submissions for small and medium development sites for their upcoming Local Plan, following a similar call for larger sites that took place last year.

The first stage took place last November as part of the Local Plan review, and this has been followed up with a second stage which will run until 8 April.

This second call focusses primarily on small and medium sites, which can be occupied, vacant, derelict, or undeveloped land. A number of sites were already suggested under the previous call, but the councils said these should not be re-submitted in the second round.

Any type of land use is also fair game, including residential, commercial, retail, leisure, and recreation, and these can be put forward by landowners, developers, local builders, or any interested party.

These will be fed into the Local Plan which covers development across the three boroughs over the next 15 years.

The Call for Sites consultation runs today until to Monday 8 April 2019, and can be accessed here.

Cllr Peter Moss, cabinet member for planning and regulation at Preston City Council, said: “Public consultation is a crucial part of developing our local plan – this is another opportunity to get involved in the future of your area.

“We really need these small sites, and we really need the small and medium sized local builders to come to the party.

“A local plan is hugely important to residents and businesses. It enables councils and planners to identify key opportunities and to forward plan. This is the stage where we need help in identifying those key sites, which can be developed in the coming years.”

Your Comments

Read our comments policy here

Subscribe to our newsletter