David Latham, dispute resolution director at quantity surveyor Knowles, is to offer advice on a series of problem areas facing the construction industry at an event later this month.
The event, called Contractual Nightmares, is being organised by the Centre for Construction Innovation North West. Latham will offer advice on:
- Extensions of time to contracts
- Liquidated and ascertained damages
- Defects liability/maintenance
- Claiming costs and losses for already delayed work due to bad weather
- Evaluation and costs in respect of extended preliminaries
- Delays with Architects/Engineers drawings and plans and how they impact on the costs contractor/sub-contractor
- The effects of letters of intent
- Quantity Surveyors and their involvement in altering hours on signed day worksheets.
Latham has 25 years' experience in all dispute resolution procedures including negotiation, mediation, adjudication, arbitration and acting as expert witness in litigation.
The event takes place at the west meeting rooms of Bolton Arena at 4pm for 4.30pm until 5.30pm on Tuesday 28 October.
- To reserve a place at this event please contact Claire Hyde on 0161 295 5076 or email email@example.com