Spanish energy giant Duro Felguera is holding a meet-the-buyer event aimed at a wide variety of sub-contractors to service the new Carrington Power Station construction site in Partington, Trafford.
DF wants to establish a pool of local companies able to provide a rapid response service for the supply of a range of goods and services during the construction of the new power station. Supplies will cover requirements from hardware such as fixings and piping to services such as taxis, transport and crane hire. Typically the contracts will be intended to supply low value less than £5,000 goods and services required at short notice, typically same day.
- The event is due to take place on Monday 20 May from 10am to 4pm at The Fuse, Warburton Lane, Partington, Manchester M31 4BU and interested companies should telephone 0800 169 5290 to receive an allocated time slot.
Carrington Power Station will be an 880MW gas-fired power station on land previously occupied by the coal-fired power station that operated between 1956 and 1991.
Enabling works have already started on site and piling will begin in the conming months. There will be 800 people working on site at the peak of construction. Completion is due in 2016.
DF is building the power station in partnership with Alstom on behalf of ESB, the state-owned electricity company of Ireland.
Contracts on offer include:
- Electrical/Mechanical goods:
- Cable trays
- Electrical consumables
- Earthing material (copper cable)
- LV and MV Cables
- Mechanical consumables
- Power control cables
- Optical fibre
- Welding consumables
- Industrial gasses and chemical products:
- Sulphuric acid
- Transport services:
- External buses (green travel)
- Vehicle hire
- Hire equipment:
- Cranes/Cherry pickers
- Diesel generators
- Industrial machinery – platforms, handlers etc
- Hardware store supplies
- Nuts and bolts
- Small piping fittings
- Miscellaneous goods:
- Lube oil supply and treatment
- Office supplies
- Safety consumables and signage
- Miscellaneous services:
- Hotel/accommodation providers
- Packaging companies