The Liverpool office of architects Buttress Fuller Alsop Williams has been appointed by CB Richard Ellis to draw up a conservation management plan for the Grade II-star listed Cunard Building.
BFAW will work with Liverpool City Council's conservation office and English Heritage to develop programmes of repair, restoration and to govern any modifications.
The Cunard Building was built between 1914 and 1917 as the eponymous headquarters of the Canadian shipping giant.
The building is owned by Merseyside Pension Fund. Tenants include the Government Office of the North West.
CB Richard Ellis is the building manager.