Ten schemes set to deliver 3,330 homes across the region have been shortlisted as part of round two of the £1bn Government Build to Rent programme.
The Build to Rent fund is designed to help developers build large scale homes specifically for the private rented sector. In round two up to 6,500 homes are expected to be built across the UK, with Greater Manchester representing a significant portion of this development pipeline.
The list of schemes is as follows:
- Pinnacle Developments, building 497 homes in Salford
- Housing Capital Trust, 521 homes in Manchester
- CS Developments, 350 homes in Manchester
- LQ Developments, 345 homes in Manchester
- Manchester City Council, 863 homes in Manchester
- Castlefield Developments, 250 homes in Manchester
- Steel Green, 151 homes in Trafford
- Muse Developments, 141 homes in Salford
- Stanley Dock Properties, 112 homes in Liverpool
- Hurst Street, 100 homes in Liverpool
The shortlisted projects will now enter a due diligence process with grant amounts expected to be confirmed later in the year.
Build to Rent is being delivered over two competition rounds offering loan and or equity development finance to support housing for private rent, of a quality to generate national institutional investor interest in the UK.