Bruntwood has announced it is to bring the recently refurbished grade 2-listed Elliot House in Deansgate, Manchester to market for the first time since it bought the building 20 years ago.
Named after John Kenneth Elliot, Manchester's chief education officer from 1955 to 1968, Elliot House was built by architects Royle & Bennett in 1878 to house the council's education office before subsequently becoming the City's Register Office in 1969, and more recently the temporary home of the City Library, which is now in the process of vacating.
Bruntwood acquired the building in 1994 with numerous council departments in occupation, followed shortly after by Begbies Traynor LLP, as sole occupier. Then the City Library took temporary residence and their imminent departure signifies the first time the building has been openly marketed during Bruntwood's ownership.
The building contains 21,000 sq ft of self-contained office accommodation on three floors.
Bruntwood recently spent £2.5m on the building to maintain its historic features whilst creating open-plan office accommodation.
Andrew Butterworth, sales director, said: "With its unrivalled heritage, modern accommodation, ample secure basement parking facilities and accessibility to local retail and leisure amenities, Elliot House offers a truly enviable address for any business, fronting directly on to Deansgate. Elliot House is a prime example of the Bruntwood commitment to regenerate a much-loved Manchester building to serve the needs of the customer. We are marketing the building with a sole occupier in mind but equally Elliot House features flexible floor plates, meaning we could let individual floors from 8,300 sq ft."
Savills has been appointed to market Elliot House with a second agent to be announced in the coming weeks.