The chief executives of Transport for the North, Transport for Greater Manchester, Lancashire County Council, and Cumbria Council, join leaders from across transport operators, developers and local authorities on a line-up which includes Government transport secretary Chris Grayling, at Place North West’s annual transport summit.
Tickets are now on sale for the Northern Transport Summit, which is to be held at the Hilton Manchester Deansgate on Monday 25 June. The full-day event is held in partnership with Transport for the North and is sponsored by Broadway Malyan and WSP.
The latest speakers confirmed include:
- Barry White, chief executive, Transport for the North
- Jon Lamonte, chief executive, Transport for Greater Manchester
- Sharon Keith, regional director, Northern Rail
- Rosslyn Colderley, England North director, Sustrans
- Asiya Jelani, business development director, demand responsive transport, Arriva UK Bus
- Danny Crump, director of urbanism, Broadway Malyan
Local authority representatives due to speak on the day are:
- Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor of Liverpool City Region
- Angie Ridgwell, interim chief executive of Lancashire County Council
- Katherine Fairclough, chief executive of Cumbria County Council
- Hayley Kirkham, head of Crewe High Growth City, Cheshire East Council
- Nick Gerrard, growth and prosperity programme director, Blackpool Council
The conference will be a mix of presentations and panel discussions, looking at issues such as how councils and developers can best take advantage of land around transport hubs, the impact of future transport technologies, creating greener cities for pedestrians and cyclists, Government transport investment plans, and much more.
Other speakers confirmed:
- Chris Grayling, Secretary of State for Transport
- Melanie Leech, chief executive, British Property Federation
- Adrian Kemp, technical director, WSP
- Matthew Weiner, chief executive, U+I
- Paul Bell, partner, Ryder Architecture
- Anthony Hatton, director of strategic projects, Peel Holdings Land & Property
- Henri Murison, director, The Northern Powerhouse Partnership
- Warren Marshall, planning director, Peel Ports Group
Tickets are priced at £99+VAT, and include breakfast, lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Sponsorship opportunities are available; contact Dino Moutsopoulos, commercial director, on 07803 988 112 or email@example.com