Cycling champion Chris Boardman, Metro Mayor Steve Rotheram, Network Rail director Anna-Jane Hunter, speakers from Northern, Virgin, Peel, Merseytravel and many more are confirmed to take part in the Northern Transport Summit in Manchester on 16 May.
Tickets are now on sale for the Northern Transport Summit, a full-day conference which is set to be held at Hilton Manchester Deansgate on 16 May. This event is in association with Transport for the North, Broadway Malyan, Waterman, Lexington Communications, and Winckworth Sherwood.
This is Place North West‘s only pan-Northern event, bringing together transport professionals and policy makers from across the North to debate the opportunities and challenges presented by this critical sector.
More than 250 attendees came along to the Summit earlier this year – read all about what was discussed
The full line-up of speakers will be announced next year, however names confirmed so far include:
- Chris Boardman, former Olympic cycling champion & Greater Manchester cycling and walking commissioner
- Peter Broadley, executive director, customer experience & operations, Virgin Trains
- Anna-Jane Hunter, director North of England rail, Network Rail
- Senior representative, Northern
- Danny Crump, director of urbanism, Broadway Malyan
- Alex Dillistone, partner, Winckworth Sherwood
- Frank Rogers, chief executive, Liverpool City Region Combined Authority & director general, Merseytravel
- Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor of the Liverpool City Region
- Pat Ritchie, chief executive, Newcastle City Council
- Barry White, chief executive, Transport for the North
- Frank Jordan, executive director of place, Cheshire East Council
- Stephen Joseph, transport policy consultant, formerly Campaign for Better Transport
- Nicola Kane, head of strategic planning & research, Transport for Greater Manchester
- David Laws, chief executive, Leeds Bradford Airport
- Neil Lees, deputy chairman, Peel Group
- Angie Ridgwell, chief executive and director of resources, Lancashire County Council
- Senior representative, Manchester Airport Transformation Programme
- Senior representative, Northern Powerhouse Partnership
Chaired by Jessica Middleton-Pugh, editor of Place North West
Tickets are priced at £99+VAT, and include breakfast, lunch, and other refreshments.