Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham will join Liverpool City Region Mayor Steve Rotheram at the Northern Transport Summit, alongside Transport Secretary Chris Grayling, and chief executives from Transport for the North and a raft of Northern councils.
Tickets are now on sale for Place North West’s annual Northern Transport Summit, which is to be held at the Hilton Manchester Deansgate on Monday 25 June. The full-day event is held in partnership with Transport for the North and is sponsored by Broadway Malyan and WSP.
The chief executives of Transport for the North, Transport for Greater Manchester, Lancashire County Council, and Cumbria Council, are joining leaders from across transport operators, developers and local authorities to discuss transport issues and planning improvements.
The conference will be a mix of presentations and panel discussions, looking at issues such as how councils and developers can best take advantage of land around transport hubs, the impact of future transport technologies, creating greener cities for pedestrians and cyclists, Government transport investment plans, and much more.
- Chris Grayling, Secretary of State for Transport
- Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor of Liverpool City Region
- Melanie Leech, chief executive, British Property Federation
- Barry White, chief executive, Transport for the North
- Sharon Keith, regional director, Northern Rail
- Matthew Weiner, chief executive, U+I
- Angie Ridgwell, interim chief executive of Lancashire County Council
- Katherine Fairclough, chief executive of Cumbria County Council
- Henri Murison, director, The Northern Powerhouse Partnership
- Warren Marshall, planning director, Peel Ports Group
- Hayley Kirkham, head of Crewe High Growth City, Cheshire East Council
- Nick Gerrard, growth and prosperity programme director, Blackpool Council
Tickets are priced at £99+VAT, and include breakfast, lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Sponsorship opportunities are available; contact Dino Moutsopoulos, commercial director, on 07803 988 112 or email@example.com