The role of cultural assets in urban design, and the artistic tastes of high-profile property developers form the basis of two panel discussions being co-hosted by Place North West and Buy Art Fair on Friday 25 September.
The first session in the morning will explore the role of art and culture in shaping cities and developments.
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Karsten Huneck, architect, partner at KHBT in London and Berlin and partner in osa – office for subversive architecture, as well as senior lecturer at Manchester School of Architecture
- Pete Swift, managing partner, Planit IE, landscape architects in Manchester and London
- Kwong Lee, artist and director of Castlefield Gallery, Manchester
After lunch there will be a further panel discussion with property developers interested in art, exoploring their tastes and the impact of art on their lives, personally and professionally. Panellists confirmed so far include:
- Tom Bloxham, chairman, Urban Splash
- Mike Ingall, chief executive, Allied London
- Tim Heatley, director, Capital & Centric
The Art + Place discussions are part of the wider Buy Art Fair due to be held at the Old Granada Studios from 24 to 27 September.