There was strong demand for property investments at the latest Acuitus auction as assets in Bolton, Liverpool, Ellesmere Port, Manchester, Macclesfield, Wilmslow and Kendal all sold.
The three North West lots that sold in the room were:
- 7, 7A & 7B Rivington Road, Ellesmere Port: three adjoining shop investments totalling 32,841 sq ft and currently producing £80,850 a year in rent sold for £575,000
- Finkle Street, Kendal: a 1,908-sq ft freehold shop currently producing £48,500 a year sold for £525,000
- 11 Grove Street, Wilmslow: a 939-sq ft freehold shop currently producing £22,500 a year sold for £275,000
The three lots that sold prior to the sale, held last Thursday in London, were:
- Units 1&2 River Lane, Chester: a freehold retail investment producing £78,000 a year which was offered with a pre-auction guide price of £750,000
- Newport Street, Bolton: a freehold retail investment producing £50,500 a year, which was offered with a guide price of £475,000
- Dukes Court, Mill Street, Macclesfield: a freehold retail and office investment producing £61,100 a year, which was offered with a guide price of £425,000
Two prime retail units in Great Charlotte Street, Liverpool that currently produce income of £135,000 a year sold immediately after the auction having been offered with a guide price of £1.275m.
Richard Auterac, Acuitus auctioneer, commented: "The demand for these lots throughout this auction demonstrates that investors perceive that there is value to be had from property investments throughout the North West."