The Homes & Communities Agency, formed late last year out of the merger of the Housing Corporation and English Partnerships, is assembling its middle management tier of departmental heads with posts ranging from £30,000 to £90,000 a year on offer.
The vacancies – costing more than £400,000 in combined salaries – are the latest in the top-down hiring process, following appointment last autumn of North West director Deborah McLaughlin, who joined from Manchester City Council, where she was director of housing.
The HCA has a £500m annual budget in the North West.
All the new roles will be based in the Manchester office but will cover the wider region:
- Head of area, £70,000 to £90,000
- Head of strategy programmes and performance, £70,000 to £90,000
- Investment and regeneration manager, £30,000 to £50,000
- Strategy and information manager, £40,000 to £50,000
There are also Manchester-based vacancies within the HCA's Atlas division. The Advisory Team for Large Applications helps short-staffed or inexperienced local authorities and other organisations process major regeneration plans.
The Atlas jobs on offer are:
- Regional co-ordinator North, based in Manchester or Leeds, £50,000 to £70,000
- Specialist co-ordinator, Manchester or Leeds, £50,000 to £70,000
- Planning manager, Manchester, £30,000 to £50,000
- Urban design specialist, Manchester, £30,000 to £50,000
- Transport engineering specialist, Manchester, £30,000 to £50,000
The benefits packages for all HCA jobs includes final salary pension, 33 days holiday, relocation incentive and performance-related pay.
The HCA said in May it is planning to relocate its Merseyside and Cheshire development teams from Warrington to Manchester. GVA Grimley was retained to find an office of between 9,000 sq ft and 12,000 sq ft. No site has been identified but the HCA has been linked by agents with a move to Argent/Carlyle's 3 Piccadilly Place.
The HCA already has offices in Argent's 1 Piccadilly Gardens from its Housing Corporation days, which are likely to be vacated as part of the move.