New blood for Places Matter! design review panel
The North West architecture and built environment organisation, Places Matter!, has appointed 17 new members to its Design Review Panel.
The panel offers an impartial service for local authorities, developers and designers.
It will continue to be chaired by Martin Stockley but now has three vice-chairs: Matt Brook of Broadway Malyan, Annie Coombs of Scousenous and Nigel McGurk of Erimax.
Some 17 new appointments were made. They are:
- Kate Bailey, Envision
- Ian Beaumont, MBLA Architects + Urbanists
- Chris Carroll, Wigan Council
- Deborah Denner, consultant
- Liz Ellis, Birmingham City Council
- Jonathan Ellis-Miller, EllisMIller LLP
- Kerri Farnsworth, Strategic Investment Board
- Lyn Fenton, Hawksview
- Jaimie Ferguson, BDP
- Julian Gitsham, Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
- Mike Hayes, Michael Hayes Consulting
- Colin Haylock, Haylock Planning and Design
- Stephen Hodder, Hodder + Partners
- CJ Lim, Studio 8 Architects Limited & UCL
- Kevin Logan, Maccreanor Lavington
- Ian McChesney, McChesney Architects
- Carolyn Primett, Blackpool Council
- David Roberts, igloo Regeneration
- Tony Skipper, John McAslan and Partners
- John Stonard, Sheffield City Council
- Peter Swift, Planit-IE
The organisation said it had received more than 180 applications from prospective panel members. It has operated a North West Design Review Panel since 2007 which has looked at 230 schemes.
Annie Atkins, Places Matter! programme director, said: "We have always been committed to widening the hand-on experience of the design review process in the North West and are looking forward to working with the considerable body of talent and expertise that has emerged through the recruitment process."
Martin Stockley said: "Design Review remains our most effective means of assisting developers and local planning authorities to improve the quality and value of developments. Places Matter! is delighted to have appointed three new Vice Chairs and a refreshed group of panel members in order to continue to offer this service at the highest quality level."