Salary: Up to £36,000 + generous benefits DOE
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a leading, established and reputable national property consultancy in their Merseyside office.
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Valuation Surveyor to join their busy Liverpool city centre office. With an excellent regional and national client base, industry contacts and a highly qualified and professional team, the client is a successful and highly respected firm of Chartered Surveyors and Property Managers.
The client provides advice on a range of property matters including Agency, Lease Advisory, Valuation, CPO, Investment, Building Consultancy, Business Rates, Property Management, Capital Allowances and Expert Witness, serving the Merseyside, North West and Nationwide arena.
The role will be focused predominantly on the North and will cover all the main commercial sectors for a wide range of private and public clients. Valuations are required for loan security, corporate asset, company accounts, viability and general advisory purposes and will include the valuation primarily of commercial owner-occupied and investment properties but will also include the valuation of public sector and residential led mixed use development sites.
You will be expected to carry out instructions efficiently and with a high degree of independence within the context of the wider valuation team. This includes the inspection of properties and preparation of concise and accurate valuation reports ready for the Director to review and sign off.
Our clients’ culture is highly professional. They are looking to recruit an individual who enjoys responding to challenges, is excited by meeting the toughest targets and has fun working at the leading edge. Our client places a strong emphasis on career progression through development programs and experience gained.
Therefore, my client is offering an excellent opportunity to gain a very broad range of valuation experience across all key sectors and for a range of purposes.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To work independently within a team context carrying out property inspections and background due diligence;
- To demonstrate good market knowledge of the areas and sectors you are active in;
- To prepare and deliver valuations and reports to a very high level of accuracy and quality and to client timetables;
- To observe RICS regulatory requirements in particular those of the ‘Red Book’;
- To put clients first and achieve maximum client satisfaction;
- To work efficiently to maximise profitability;
- To observe and implement clients’ procedures to include Quality Assurance, Health and Safety Environmental, IS security and all other policies;
- To be open to involvement in new areas of work within the valuation business;
- To be client facing and able to identify opportunities for business growth and fee earning opportunities and help grow the business;
- To support the Senior members of the team to achieve team and department objectives;
- To support graduate team members in their APC preparations;
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- RICS qualification (Min 2 years PQE)
- Registered Valuer accreditation ideal, not necessarily essential;
- A track record in preparing RICS Red Book Valuations for Commercial Lending (development and investment properties), corporate valuations and consultancy advice;
- A commercial approach to ‘real world’ business and property issues;
- Good property market and wider economic and business knowledge;
- IT literate/ability in Microsoft Office, Excel, Prodev, Argus Investor and Argus Developer;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills;
- Able to work under own supervision but also as part of a wider national valuation team;
- Social skills when networking and entertaining clients.
- Competitive Salary, dependent upon experience
- Company car/car allowance &
- Generous Pension
- Healthcare and other benefits
- Excellent potential of career progression with a NW market leader
To apply for this position then please email your CV to email@example.com or call Andrew Kingsley on 0151 242 1630 for further information. Ref: AK16366
Kingsley is a niche leading recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Legal, Engineering & Property Sectors. We recruit across the UK, so if you are looking for your career next move, call us for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org