Location: Didsbury, Manchester
Contact Name: Pat Law
Telephone: 020 7079 9966
- Based in Didsbury
- Full Time
About IBI Group
We are a team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create liveable, sustainable and advanced urban environments. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group’s award-winning Manchester office is searching for a skilled and experienced urban professional to join the team. IBI Group employs c.250 specialists across the UK and 2,500 globally – our studio in Didsbury is expanding and we are keen to engage with high calibre talent that will enjoy the support of a successful organisation and work alongside experienced colleagues.
As an experienced Urban Planner with specialism in urban design / master planning you’ll work with the team to deliver a broad range of regeneration, urban design and master planning projects in the UK. In the short to medium term you will also be given the opportunity to take a key role in the delivery of an internationally significant urban planning project in the Middle East.
- Leading and assisting on planning, master planning and urban design projects
- Play a key role in the delivery of internationally significant urban planning projects
- Interacting with clients through meetings and presentations
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals for new projects and evaluating scope of work
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor degree in Town Planning or Architecture and a post-graduate degree in Urban Design
- RTPI accreditation is desirable but not essential
- Relevant work experience in a multi-disciplinary environment, appreciation of planning legislation and knowledge of the development industry
- Excellent planning and presentation skills, motivation and ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of taking projects from inception to completion with particular emphasis on strategic thinking, confidence for client facing activity and managing junior designer inputs is required
- Recent and up to date UK experience is essential and International experience would be a benefit (particularly the Gulf and UAE) but not essential
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft packages will be essential with 3D computer modelling skills or hand drawing communication desirable
To apply for this role please email your CV, portfolio, covering letter etc to Pat Law (recruiter) at IBI Group: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively call him on 020 7079 9966.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com