Location: Didsbury, Greater Manchester
Contact Name: Pat Law
We are a team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create liveable, sustainable and advanced urban environments. From residential high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work and play.
Locally, you may previously have known us as the market-leading Nightingale Associates or Taylor Young but we are now very much part of the global IBI Group. Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
The UK&I region within IBI Group encompasses 10 studios contributing to IBI Group’s standing as one of the top ten largest architectural practices in the world. IBI Group is a design led practice capable of delivering complex, high profile projects of all scales and we support the improvements our designs make through the work of IBI TH!NK, our in house R&D programme.
We are now seeking a qualified and appropriately experienced Architect to join our team, based in our London, Manchester or Birmingham studios. Reporting to the UK Healthcare sector lead, the successful candidate will take specific responsibility for developing IBI’s interest within the Retirement Living and Senior Care sector.
IBI will measure success through an enhanced profile within the sector and a consequent increase in opportunities to bid for relevant projects. The post holder will lead the front-end activities and act as a trusted advisor to clients as ideas turn into viable schemes. They will be able to draw upon in-house skills and experience from both the UK and, where appropriate, from further afield.
The position will provide opportunities to draw upon relevant client facing experience and to lead on projects and bids within the sector. You’ll be joining one of the UK’s largest and most successful architectural practices and have specific responsibility across the UK in this growing sector.
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading global and well-respected practice with a strong track record of delivery. IBI is presenting an opportunity that can feed ambition and the right individual will receive both recognition and reward for their contribution.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Resolution of complex design issues, embedding design excellence within all of your work
- Together with bid and marketing teams, leading local business development and marketing initiatives including coordinating the preparation of bids and proposals
- Contributing to the ongoing and overall success of the sector, region and IBI Group
- Supporting and strengthening IBI Group’s vision, goals and values and contributing to the practice’s national and international teams
- Leading on projects with responsibility for programme and budget management, effective time and resources management
- Promoting best practice & knowledge within our Studios, working with colleagues in various locations to ensure effective project development and delivery. Additionally, hands-on involvement in all aspects of key projects: design development, working drawings, contract administration and on site services
- Management of client relationships and team communication (including project teams and budgets)
- Management of multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination
- Where necessary, leading the interface with statutory authorities during the design and construction phases of projects
- Developing and promoting excellent people management practices
- Understanding and adhering to procedures including quality management and environmental management systems and health & safety
- Promoting the use and continuous development of appropriate systems, procedures and protocols
Qualifications and Skills:
- RIBA Part 3 qualified and ARB registered
- Experienced 360° project leader
- Experience of working in client facing roles delivering a range of Retirement Living / Senior Care sector projects
- A proven and successful background in leading bids for sector specific projects including those through formal OJEU procurement processes
- A working knowledge of Revit and BIM experience
- Naturally you’ll have a strong knowledge of building regulations, design standards and best practice
- Strong leadership, organisational, communication and relationship-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, gender and sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com