Contact Name: Elouise Botterill
Role: Town Planner
Location: Blackburn, BB1 2FA
Hours: Full-Time / Permanent
Salary: Negotiable / Dependent on Experience
Company Car: Audi provided by EG
Who are Euro Garages?
EG Group is a leading global independent fuel station and convenience retail operator with operations at over 5,600 sites across Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, North America and Australia.
The Group has enjoyed significant growth, with 2019 revenues in excess of €20bn (surpassing €25bn including the full year impact of acquisitions). The Group provides grocery, merchandise, fuel and food service to consumers through partnerships with global brands including Starbucks, Subway, Spar, Greggs, KFC and Burger King.
What will my role look like?
Our property team is expanding and we have an exciting opportunity available for Town Planner! Reporting to the Head of Planning, you will be responsible for a portfolio of sites with a view of obtaining planning consents for a variety of developments including new roadside services and other mixed use developments.
You will instruct and liaise with consultants of various disciplines to promote development through the planning process and post planning requirements. You will also be required to assist with team administrative tasks.
What would my main responsibilities be?
- Project managing planning proposals from site acquisition through to planning approval. This will encompass the management of a wide variety of disciplines including planning, highways, site investigations, drainage, FRA’s, ecology etc
- Ensuring planning advice and due diligence offered to the acquisition team is robust and sufficient to ensure sites can be acquired with confidence
- Instructing and negotiating fees with various consultants and ensuring their work is of a standard to support planning submissions
- Attendance at pre-application meetings and other stakeholder meetings
- Reviewing S106 Legal Agreements
- Managing the discharge of planning conditions through liaison with consultants and our in-house professionals
- Attending public consultation events with colleagues and/or consultants
- Working closely with the in-house architects, leading on the submission and management of planning applications for minor projects
- Negotiating with LPA’s, Highway Authorities and other statutory bodies
- Providing support to consultants as required (e.g. providing details to support applications and queries)
Do I have what it takes?
- RTPI Qualification
- 5+ years post qualification experience
- Commercial / Private Practice experience
What’s in it for me?
EG Cares is our benefits & rewards scheme, it’s our way of saying thank you to our EG family in recognition of the continued support and commitment you deliver every day.
Competitive Annual Leave – We know our employees work hard so we offer competitive annual leave allowances so you can enjoy well deserved time off work!
Work Anniversary Awards – We appreciate how loyal our employees are and to say thank you we reward colleagues when you hit milestones!
Employee Discounts – You will be entitled to 15% off our food-to-go brands and 10% our retail stores, not only this our EG Cares platform entitles you to exclusive discounts at a variety of clothing / retail stores, restaurants, cinemas and much more!
Free Parking – We have free onsite parking at our Head Office in Blackburn which is safe and secure with 24hr CCTV!
Waterside Cafe – With the opening of our new head office we are revolutionizing lunch time with a state of the art employee area for colleagues to relax, dine and unwind. In house Chefs will freshly prepare meals from a large menu incorporating a variety of different cuisines which will change daily, and meals will be provided at incredibly low prices!
Cycle to Work Scheme – We care about your health and encourage employees to cycle to work, we can help you save money on a new bicycle!
Employee Assistance Programme – Telephone counselling and confidential support for personal / legal / medical / health and wellbeing issues is now available 24/7 for our employees through our EG Cares Employee Assistance Programme!
Death in Service –At EG Group, we believe employees can be their best when they feel supported and have benefit plans that give them security and peace of mind!
Learning & Development – We are committed to helping you develop new skills to be the best version of you!
Our People – You will work alongside our amazing employees, have fun and be a part of our family!
Free Eye Test – As a valued EG Employee you will be eligible to receive a free eye examination every two years!
Progression & Career Opportunities – We look to promote and progress our employees within the business and we are very passionate about internal progression! As the business expands it opens new opportunities for growth… the opportunities really are endless with Euro Garages
Compassionate Leave – We care about our employees and offer 3 days paid compassionate leave
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org