Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 plus package
Location: Central Manchester
Contact Name: James Smith
This is a great opportunity for a highly experienced structural engineer with a proven track record in project delivery, team development, work winning and client management.
The combined team of Structural Designers sits within our Buildings and Places Division and liaises with the five other Practices within the Division.
As a Director you will have the opportunity to lead and shape the local structural engineering team. You will also be a key member of the Buildings + Places leadership team driving the growth of the business across the Northern Region. A significant part of your role will be client facing, identifying new leads and securing new and repeat business. You will therefore need to be adept at engaging with clients and other professionals at the inception stage of projects and using your engineering expertise to make a significant contribution to emerging design concepts. We would expect you to hold existing significant client knowledge and have established relationships that you are able to exploit to secure opportunities. Your role will involve coordination and integration with the wider business lines, to maximise opportunities to grow the Buildings + Places business in the region.
The successful candidate would report to the Building + Places Civil, Structural and Facades Practice Leader. They will also interface with the Regional Office Leader. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring successful outcomes for the Practice in the Region including staff, technical quality, project delivery and finance and client satisfaction. The existing team consists of 45 people and we would like the team to grow, to become more focused on the local market.
- Excellent knowledge of standard engineering practices, techniques and procedures
- Current experience of leading and managing structural engineering design projects
- Wide ranging experience in Building Structures across a number of market sectors, in particular a proven ability to establish structural design concepts and deliverable design schemes
- Coaching and mentoring skills and the ability to act as technical lead for a team of Structural Engineers
- A high level of understanding of project management principles and practices
- Proven leadership skills, including business development, client relationship management, technical leadership, team building and motivation
- Sound knowledge of construction contracts and professional agreements and experience in negotiating fee agreements
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write compelling proposals and deliver engaging presentations to existing and prospective clients
- An established network of contacts with clients, professional practices and contractors in the region
- A good appreciation of the construction property market and the drivers for growth in the Region
- Experience in selling multi-disciplinary consultancy services and in leading and managing multi-disciplinary project teams comprising internal teams and sub-consultants
- Experience of leading and managing complex design projects ranging from £10m to £300m in construction value
- Degree qualified
- Chartered Engineer (CEng), Member of either the Institution of Civil Engineers and/or the Institution of Structural Engineers
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org