Location: Greater Manchester
Contact Name: David Hamer
An opportunity exists for creative mid-level and senior structural engineers to develop our structural/civil engineering team. You must possess design, project lead, project management and project delivery skills. The existing workload covers a wide range of sectors and a broad range of experience is essential on both new build and refurbishment projects. The Ideal candidate will be close to or of chartered status.
We are looking for a committed individual with a strong work ethic and a desire to ensure the practice and its services are seen in the most favorable circumstances.
The right candidate will be considered for an equity holder position within the practice.
- Promotion of the core practice principals
- Support the Partners in the general management of the staff and office
- Support effective, efficient and productive output from the office
- Ensure effective and efficient project delivery
- Ensure a consistent and high quality output for all project deliverables
- Effective contract administration
- Structural and civil engineering design
- Management of project delivery and job running
- Team support
- Client brief and project development from inception to completion on a range of projects
- Technical input and output on projects including; client brief; specification; drawings, schedules, reports, etc
- Effective programme and time manager capable of running multiple projects
- Articulate, concise and clear communicator
- Qualitative decision maker
- Motivational and enthusiastic
- Committed and creative team player with leadership abilities
- Versatility and flexibility
- Technical proficiency and innovator
- Able to take initiative
- Professional qualification in related discipline (MIStructE/MICE) and membership of professional institution are strongly desired though not a prerequisite.
- Portfolio of completed work demonstrating excellent design skills and construction knowledge across a wide range of sectors and project values
- Experience of designing in the common construction materials
- Experience of external works design and below ground drainage design
- Management experience in both project delivery and personnel relations
- Proficiency with relevant industry software including CSC Suite, CADS, Autodesk products (Auto CAD), Microsoft Office, Outlook, Project and NBS Specification Writer
- Extensive knowledge of all UK construction industry regulatory requirements and British Standards
- A clear knowledge of the Euro Codes
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com