Salary: Attractive salary & benefits package
Location: Bamber Bridge, Lancashire
Are you an excellent communicator with experience of managing social value and sustainability?
In order to ensure a good relationship with local communities we are looking to recruit a Social Value Manager who will report into the Director responsible for Group CSR and social value, whose key deliverables will be to:
- Proactively engage with all employees across the Group to maximise awareness and generation of social value in delivery of the Strategic Plan by developing strong working relationships with all divisions within the Group to engender commitment to the generation of social value.
- Ensure that the Eric Wright Charitable Trust and the Eric Wright Group CSR/Social Value are intrinsically linked across the entire business supporting all Group divisions
- Contribute to and support the ‘work winning’ process with local knowledge, evidence of good practice, past experience, etc. working closely with the KPI analyst, EWLF education coordinator and environmental manager
- Facilitate tender completion meetings to ensure that social value is identified at the earliest possible stage
- Attend tender handover meetings, where required, to understand any social value commitments made during tender to ensure these are delivered post tender
- Implement measures and complete documentation to provide evidence of compliance with the Considerate Constructors Scheme with the aim of achieving high marks
- Attend external events/webinars etc. to obtain details of best practice to ensure the Group experiences continuous improvement and to assist with implementing new initiatives
- Develop and maintain networks with relevant organisations to ensure best practice and continuous improvement and provide representation for social value input particularly within our framework contracts (e.g. Dept for Education and North West Construction Hub)
- Support the Head of Finance and Governance and undertake key administrative duties for the Eric Wright Charitable Trust and subsidiaries
- Understand both internal and client’s aims/objectives and deliver on these
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Social Value Portal (TOMS) and other tools to provide support to internal bidding teams and assist with Social Value responses within Tenders and PQQs
- Work with internal commercial teams to embed social value into the procurement process through to the supply chain to ensure impacts are driven out
- Liaise with Project Manager and the supply chain to embed, monitor and support social value carried out directly by the supply chain and feed this back to the Work Winning team
- Communicate with schools, colleges and universities to raise the profile of the industry and the Eric Wright Group, as well as representing the company at careers fairs and events
- Develop and implement project and Group specific social value activities
- Working closely with the EWG KPI Analyst, update the CSR Data Navigator with all social value activities with detailed descriptions of event/ engagement carried out, number of attendees/people affected and all personnel involved
- Represent EWG with local groups identified at tender stage such as hard to reach groups, employment and skills departments, LEPs, volunteer groups, etc. to implement targets/initiatives discussed at tender
- Identify and engage with local employment and skills initiatives once on site
- Work with project team to promote local employment, hard to reach groups, NEETs etc. in line with commitments made at tender stage
- Work with the EWG training team and the project team to identify apprentice, graduate and traineeship opportunities and help to facilitate these
- Working closely with the EWLF Education Coordinator, engage with local schools, colleges and universities to identify and provide work experience opportunities for their students
- Work with Project Manager/Environmental Manager to document environmental outputs/ targets, e.g. noise monitoring, air quality, carbon footprint, etc
- Deliver CSR Induction presentation to new starters at EWG on the social value ethics of the business in line with our Vision, Mission and Values
- Coordinate and manage the Match Funding Application Programme and the Staff Volunteering Programme for EWG feeding through to the Trust and HR where required
- Coordinate and manage Requests for Funding (RFQ) and present these to the Group MD for Social Event applications for any events which require advertising
- Work closely with the EWG Marketing Manager to source support for advertisements and brochure work for social value events and sponsorship
- Produce Annual Social Value Impact report
- Ensure that grant applications and enquiries to the Charitable Trust and awards made by the Charitable Trust are effectively processed, administered and monitored
This is an important role and will require the incumbent to have a good understanding of what is required so we’re only looking for people who have got very similar experience in maintaining strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. You’ll be able to demonstrate strong communication skills, be able to multi-task, be used to working to deadlines as well being proficient in the use of MS Office (Powerpoint, Word and Excel).
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package.
At Eric Wright our Mission is to develop, build, maintain and invest in our local communities to improve the social mobility and inclusion through the economic regeneration of our towns and cities. We create places to learn, grow, live and work. Our vision is to be a commercially focused business with a social purpose and to improve the economic prosperity of the places where we work.
Closing Date – Friday 22 January 2021
To apply, submit your CV with covering letter stating why you are interested in the position via our Careers page at www.ericwright.co.uk/careers/current-positions
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org