Salary: £40-50k + benefits (DOE)
Contact Name: Caroline Kingsley
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
A growing construction company has an exciting, new opportunity for a Health & Safety Manager to join the team. Due to an increase in planned projects, my client is now looking to bring this role in-house.
The Health & Safety Co-ordinator main role will be to support the Senior Management in ensuring the company and all sites are fully compliant with UK law, and are adopting best practice standards with high efficiency. The successful Health and Safety Manager will play a key part in establishing Health and Safety procedures and practices across the business, and ensuring they are fit for purpose as the business grows.
- Implementation and management of safety and environment procedures, including but not limited to; risk assessments, accident investigations, internal audits and induction training
- Develop new procedures for maximum efficiency
- To act as an advisory point to all staff and managers on matters arising to Health, Safety & Environment
- Undertake regular review of the sites fire arrangements
- Provide input on ways to improve the companies environmental impact and waste reduction
- Ensure all statutory obligations around service and maintenance of plant and equipment are carried out in a timely manner
- Assist with site preparation activities
- Work with various Site Managers to oversee on-site HSE
- To work with staff, learners and employers to ensure that a safe environment is maintained at all times
- To keep abreast of the changing Health & Safety legislation and ensure the company remains compliant and that management discharge their duties effectively
- Any other duties deemed as necessary by management
A successful candidate for this role will have:
- Proven background in a construction environment
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety qualification preferred
- A sound understanding of safety systems and value the importance of attention to detail within your work
- Driving licence
- Ability to work in a team and have confidence to have a positive impact on the company
- A membership grade of IOSH
- A relevant qualification e.g. NEBOSH Diploma (I & II)
- Relevant work place experience of at least 5 years
- Sound knowledge of current occupational and construction health and safety legislation
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to interpret technical drawings
If you have experience as a CDM Co-ordinator, Health and Safety Advisor or Manager who would love the variety and challenges of the role, and want to work for a successful firm, then I would be very keen to hear from you.
Please contact Caroline Kingsley on 0151 242 1630 or email Caroline@kingsleyrecruitment.co.uk, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com