WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We are looking for creative and highly motivated team players to be part of the WYG Planning team within an established multi-disciplinary consultancy. We have strong local and national networks and a collaborative culture. This, combined with the quality of service we provide to our clients, is what makes us consistently one of the top planning consultancies in the UK.
This is an opportunity for a bright, ambitious and proactive senior planner to join our North West team which is based in Manchester and Cumbria. You will be based in our Manchester office and will contribute to planning delivery for a range of public and private sector clients, to tackle today’s underlying challenge of delivering sufficient housing and economic growth alongside supporting infrastructure.
We provide support to development of residential, masterplanning, educational, health, retail and infrastructure projects, by provision of development management and planning policy support, advice on sports and leisure provision, as well as preparing SA/SEA’s. We are looking for expertise in some, and not necessarily all of these areas. You will work on a broad range of development sectors, and your wider responsibilities would include:
- Management of medium and large planning delivery projects
- Providing a significant technical role as part of an integrated project team on multi-disciplinary strategic planning projects.
- Facilitate stakeholder workshop sessions, community consultation and deliver technical presentations.
- Being client facing, commercially aware, understanding the needs of the project and offering high quality, professional town planning advice.
- Supporting business development efforts and to develop business awareness through resource & project management.
- Commitment to continuing professional development and career progression.
- Providing guidance to junior staff within the team.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You’ll also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com