Location: Didsbury, Manchester
Contact Name: Pat Law
Telephone: 020 7079 9966
We are a team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, town planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create liveable, sustainable and advanced urban environments. From all forms of residential developments to industrial and commercial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transport interchanges to highways, airports to toll systems, cycle lanes to parks and public spaces, we design and help our clients deliver every aspect of truly integrated communities.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Our planning team works closely with all designers in the business and across all sectors, supporting buildings and infrastructure projects in various offices.
We require a Senior Town Planner who can show substantial experience in and commitment to development management, urban design / masterplanning and multidisciplinary working.
You’ll be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of planning procedure and development related policy and be capable of advising clients on all aspects of planning related inputs to development projects, site assessments and wider area studies. You will take an active role in the design and delivery of development, regeneration and other projects, through providing town planning advice and support to colleagues and clients, including the preparation, coordination and management of planning applications.
- Advise clients and IBI Group colleagues
- Visit sites and assess planning context
- Prepare written reports, assess planning requirements and coordinate assembly and presentation of material for both statutory and non-statutory submissions
- Prepare and advise on policy appraisals
- Provide technical town planning advice to clients and internal colleagues
- Provide procedural town planning advice and support for planning applications
- Provide town planning inputs to multidisciplinary development and regeneration projects
- Liaison with local planning authorities and consultees
- Liaison with and coordination of other consultants
- Coordinate, prepare and manage planning applications
- Contribute to area based studies, master-plans, research, and site development proposals
Qualifications and skills
- Full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Experience of development management and development planning
- Team-working ethic and capability
- Ability to self-motivate and work alone when necessary
- Knowledge of planning policy and guidance
- Place-making and urban design awareness, interest and commitment
- Excellent written communication skills
- Commercial awareness and understanding of project management
- Ability to represent IBI at appropriate level
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com