Salary: Upto £40k Plus Benefits
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
My client is a leading multi-disciplinary surveying consultancy and has a strong and well-established residential department both nationally and in their Manchester office. The Manchester team is experiencing increasing volumes of work both in terms of the quantity and quality of instructions and consequently, they are looking to appoint a Chartered Residential Senior Surveyor.
Our clients’ Manchester Residential team advises on large scale strategic sites across the country offering guidance on site viability, delivery options, their alignment with the wider market (in terms of supply and demand dynamics) and specific goals such as the regeneration objectives of local authorities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest residential teams in the North West. Our clients’ team provides a comprehensive residential offering to its’ clients, including: agency, valuation, viability, consultancy, student, as well as PRS and the team have advised on some of the most exciting residential deals in the North West over the last 12 months.
- To provide professional residential advice and service in one of the largest Residential teams in the organisation and the Manchester market. Providing a full range of residential consultancy and valuation advice to a wide range of key existing clients in support of instructions managed by Associate Directors and Directors.
- Working alongside the Development Consultancy and Planning teams in the Manchester Office.
- Contribute to team fee, billing and profit targets
Clients & Marketing
- Support the team plan to develop a client portfolio
- Act as prime client interface on projects s/he manages, i.e. update clients on progress, answer queries, provide advice
- Support the team profile in the market
- Support Associate Directors and Directors by contributing to client presentations, bids & pitches
- Identifies key technical issues/ problems in transactions and offers appropriate solutions
- Provide input to support delivery of client assignments, i.e. prepare and process technical/valuation information
- Work collaboratively to generate new instructions and pool expertise within the team
- Proactively looks for/identifies new business & revenue streams with new & existing clients
- Manage & liaise with internal teams & external consultants to provide a full service to the client
- Gather and act on client feedback
People & Teams
- Coach graduates and Surveyors/ Consultants
- Keep own knowledge of relevant case law up to date
- Proactively seek and undertake on the job and formal developmental activities to broaden experience and knowledge
- Achieve annual objectives set within performance review and actively engage in review process
- Undertake and record the requisite amount of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Support local office social activities
Required Technical Experience
- Degree level & MRICS qualification
- GP background for either a corporate, public sector or private practice (for more senior roles)
- Experience of working in a large practice and/or corporate environment could be advantageous on residential matters
- Rounded experience of residential surveying consultancy and viability skills
- An understanding of business development and client relationship management
- Experience in networking and building relationships internally and externally
- A level of experience selling successfully to clients
- Demonstrable IT & Technical competence in areas relevant to role such as Circle / Argus, residual analysis planning viability analysis and PRS
- Demonstrable understanding of market and local knowledge
- Financial awareness of yields, band rates, mortgage rates and availability of mortgages
- Business and report writing experience
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation and case law relevant to role
- IT skills (MS Word Advanced, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet)
- Excellent command of written / verbal English
- Business and report writing skills
- Team player
- Selling, negotiation, presentation and marketing skills
- Commercial awareness skills
- Coaching skills
- Good communicator
- Time management
Our clients’ culture is highly professional. They are looking to recruit an individual who enjoys responding to challenges, is excited by meeting the toughest targets and has fun working at the leading edge. Our client places a strong emphasis on training and educating staff including drawing up personal development plans and offering in depth appraisals. They will support career progression through development programs and experience gained.
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders. To apply for this position, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley on 0161 393 9889, for further information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com