Salary: Up to £40k Plus Benefits
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
The Position & Team
My client is a multi disciplinary global surveying consultancy and has a strong and well-established residential department both nationally and in their Manchester office. The Manchester team is experiencing increasing volumes of work both in terms of the quantity and quality of instructions and consequently, they are looking to appoint a Chartered Residential Surveyor / Senior Surveyor.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest residential teams in the North West. Our clients’ team provides a comprehensive residential offering to its’ clients, including: agency, valuation, viability, consultancy, student, as well as PRS and the team have advised on some of the most exciting residential deals in the North West over the last 12 months.
This has included across the UK:
- Sales of more than 100 hectares of residential development for clients including HCA, NHS, and private landowners.
- Provided viability advice in respect of around £3bn worth of residential development
- Advised on over £2bn of student accommodation for valuation and development (35,500 bed spaces across 107 schemes across the UK).
- To provide professional residential advice and service in one of the company’s largest Residential teams and the Manchester market. Providing a full range of residential consultancy and valuation advice to a wide range of key existing clients in support of instructions managed by Associate Directors and Directors.
- Working alongside the Development Consultancy and Planning teams in the Manchester Office.
- Contribute to team fee, billing and profit targets
- Support the team plan to develop a client portfolio
- Prime client interface on projects i.e. update clients on progress, answer queries, advice
- Support the team profile in the market
- Support Associate Directors and Directors by contributing to client presentations, bids and pitches
- Identifies key technical issues/ problems in transactions and offers appropriate solutions
- Provide input to support delivery of client assignments, i.e. prepare and process technical/valuation information
- Work collaboratively to generate new instructions and pool expertise within the team
- Proactively looks for and is able to identify new business and revenue opportunities with new and existing clients
- Manage & liaise with internal teams and external consultants to provide a full client service
- Gather and act on client feedback
- Identifies opportunities to cross-sell when discussing a client’s requirements
- Manage budgets and billing on specific client accounts
- Effectively use established systems for debtor and disbursement recovery to secure cash flow and profitability, e.g. billing, debt pricing, costings etc.
- Maintain and develop good client relationships
- Meet and indeed exceed individual turnover target, support team members to meet and exceed team turnover target
- Minimise operation risk in undertaking bank funding red book valuations
- Engage with team members and understand what other teams engage in and maintain
Knowledge & Experience
- General practice background for either a corporate, public sector or private practice
- Experience of working in a large practice and/or corporate environment could be advantageous on residential matters
- Rounded experience of residential surveying consultancy and viability skills – not restricted to a narrow practice are
- An understanding of business development and client relationship management
- Experience in networking and building relationships internally and externally
- A level of experience selling successfully to clients
- Demonstrable technical competence in areas relevant to role such as Circle / Argus, residual analysis planning viability analysis and PRS
- Demonstrable understanding of market and local knowledge
- Knowledge of the wider residential sector
- Financial awareness of yields, band rates, mortgage rates and availability of mortgages
- Business and report writing experience
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation and case law relevant to role
- IT skills (MS Word Advanced, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet)
- IT industry specific packages (i.e. Circle / Argus, Developer, Grail, etc)
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Excellent command of written / verbal English
- Business and report writing
- Team player
- Selling and negotiation skills
- Presentation and marketing skills
- Commercial awareness skills
- Coaching skills
- Good communicator
- Time management
- Degree level qualification
- MRICS qualification with professional body and member as appropriate
Our clients’ culture is highly professional. They are looking to recruit an individual who enjoys responding to challenges, is excited by meeting the toughest targets and has fun working at the leading edge. Our client places a strong emphasis on training and educating staff including drawing up personal development plans and offering in depth appraisals. They will support career progression through development programs and experience gained.
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
To apply for this position, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley on 0161 393 9889, for further information.
Kingsley is a niche leading recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Legal, Engineering & Property Sectors. We recruit across the UK, so if you are looking for your career next move, call us for a confidential chat or email us email@example.com