Salary: Up to £40,000 + benefits
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
Our client is a multi-disciplinary property surveying consultancy and has one of the strongest and most well established regional and national Residential Teams. Due to increasing volumes of work in terms of both quantity and quality of instructions, our client is looking to appoint a Chartered Residential Surveyor / Senior Surveyor.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest residential teams in the North West. Our clients’ team provides a comprehensive residential offering to its’ clients, including: agency, valuation, viability, consultancy, student, as well as PRS and the team continues to advise on some of the most exciting residential deals in the North West which includes:
- Currently retained to sell land with planning consent for over 2,500 dwellings with a land value of over £80m.
- Key Regional and National client-base.
- Currently selling 3 of the ‘best’ residential sites in the North-West market.
- To provide professional residential advice and service in one of the company’s largest Residential teams and the Manchester market. Providing a full range of residential consultancy and valuation advice to a wide range of key existing clients in support of instructions managed by Associate Directors and Directors.
- Working alongside the Development Consultancy and Planning teams in the Manchester office.
- Contribute to team fees, billing and profit targets
- Support the team plan to develop the clients’ portfolio
- Prime client interface on projects i.e. update clients on progress, respond to queries, provide strategic advice
- Support the team profile throughout the market
- Support Associate Directors & Directors by contributing to client presentations, bids and pitches
- Identifies key technical issues/ problems in transactions and offers appropriate solutions
- Provide input to support delivery of client assignments, i.e. prepare and process technical/valuation information
- Work collaboratively to generate new instructions and pool expertise within the team
- Proactively looks for and is able to identify new business and revenue opportunities with new and existing clients
- Manage & liaise with internal teams and external consultants to provide a full client service
- Gather and act on client feedback
- Identifies opportunities to cross-sell when discussing a client’s requirements
- Manage budgets and billing on specific client accounts
- Effectively use established systems for debtor and disbursement recovery to secure cash flow and profitability, e.g. billing, debt pricing, costings etc.
- Maintain and develop good client relationships
- Meet and indeed exceed individual turnover target, support team members to meet and exceed team turnover target
- Minimise operation risk in undertaking bank funding red book valuations
- Engage with team members and understand what other teams engage in and maintain
Knowledge & Experience
- General practice background for either a corporate, public sector or private practice
- Experience of working in a large practice and/or corporate environment could be advantageous on residential matters
- Rounded experience of residential surveying consultancy and viability skills
- An understanding of business development and client relationship management
- Experience in networking and building relationships internally and externally
- A level of experience selling successfully to clients
- Demonstrable technical competence in areas relevant to role such as Circle / Argus, residual analysis planning viability analysis and PRS
- Demonstrable understanding of market and local knowledge
- Knowledge of the wider residential sector
- Financial awareness of yields, band rates, mortgage rates and availability of mortgages
- Business and report writing experience
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation and case law relevant to role
- IT skills (MS Word Advanced, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet)
- IT industry specific packages (i.e. Circle / Argus, Developer, Grail, etc)
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Excellent command of written / verbal English
- Team player
- Selling, negotiation, presentation and marketing skills
- Commercial awareness skills
- Coaching skills
- Good communicator
- Time management
- Degree level qualification
- MRICS qualification with professional body and member as appropriate
Our client is looking to recruit an individual who enjoys responding to challenges, is excited by meeting the toughest targets and has fun working at the leading edge. Our client places a strong emphasis on training and educating staff including drawing up personal development plans and offering in depth appraisals. They will support career progression through development programs and experience gained.
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
To apply for this position, then please email your CV to email@example.com or call Andrew Kingsley on 0161 393 9889, for further information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org