Salary: Basic to £50,000
Location: North West
Contact Name: Mark Noakes
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
Working in partnerships with Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA), Kingsley is looking to appoint a Senior QS / Monitoring Surveyor who will be an integral member of the GMCA Core Investment Team.
The GMCA Core Investment Team directly manage and invest a £300m Housing Fund and a £100 Business and Property fund. The team also provide commercial finance support to a number of strategically important schemes and oversee the management of indirect fund managers (covering a further £200m of funds managed by the external fund managers.
This role is a key role within the Core Investment team to lead on the monitoring of property and housing developments.
Some of the key responsibilities include;
- Have overall responsibility for all property monitoring (c£400m)
- Attend site visits for all large and/or complex property schemes to understand the developments’ progress and provide challenge when required
- Review all external Monitoring Surveyors reports to identify key risks/issues
- Work with the Transaction Manager on solutions to risks/issues that have been identified and to work with the Developers around these issues
- Liaise with Local Authorities and partners to understand their development pipelines
- Line Manage the Junior QS with responsibility for overseeing their work.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a stable and progressive CV with experience of housing and property new build schemes, in addition to;
- Be a RICS qualified QS (MRICS)
- A minimum of 3 years PQE
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of JCT/NEC contracts
- Have the ability to lead from the front as regards client meetings, dealing with multi-disciplined teams and project delivery
- Have excellent line management skills
- Must be able to handle multiple jobs and manage your own workload, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Must have proficient IT skills
- Previous Residential / Commercial / Education project experience.
A full brief is available, please contact Mark Noakes in confidence to discuss.
All third party applications will be forwarded by the GMCA to Mark Noakes for review.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org