Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + package
Contact Name: James Adamson
Telephone: 0161 669 4716
We are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work directly with some of the industry’s most-recognised commercial property developers on a variety of commercial, office, retail, leisure, residential and mixed-use property projects in the North West.
Our Client is regarded as one of the best Consultancies to work for in the UK, they have won multiple awards and the culture is one of promotion according to talent and impact, not time-served in the business.
They are looking for a well-rounded SQS with varied sector experience who has the experience of providing PQS services to a wide range of clients.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive PQS who can take responsibility for a number of projects, with the potential to act as the sole contact with each client. Current procurement trends may require the individual to possess the skills and experience to undertake the role of Employer’s Agent, so previous experience would be advantageous. Experience of working on projects in excess of £20M would also be an advantage.
In addition the candidate will be expected to embrace the opportunity of representing the company in the market place and will be required to undertake aspects of a business development role in addition to the technical requirements detailed above.
To be considered for the role you must have the following experience:
- Degree-qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
- A minimum of five years technical delivery experience
- MRICS or professionally qualified in another construction related subject
- Feasibility and cost planning, procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Build long-term relationships
- Willingness to travel within the UK on a regular basis.
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client
- A clear focus on developing client accounts and forging new business relationships
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
This company invest heavily in people, recognising that its staff members are its most valuable asset. Individual training plans and accelerated schemes foster an environment of continual personal development.
For further information, please contact James Adamson on 0161 669 4716 or email firstname.lastname@example.org