Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + car allowance, bonus, pension, health
Contact Name: James Adamson
Telephone: 0161 669 4716
A highly regarded independent construction and property consultancy is currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience of providing PQS services to a wide range of clients in a variety of sectors, to join their Manchester office on a permanent basis.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive Quantity Surveyor who can take responsibility for a varied workload and is both competent and confident in a client-facing role. Experience within residential, commercial and retail sectors is highly desirable, however public sector experience will also be considered.
Current projects include hotel, residential, PRS, leisure, office, local authority and university developments.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
- Possess a minimum of 4 years technical delivery experience
- Ideally a member of the RICS or another relevant professional body
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts and forging new business relationships
- Have a track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- Be a team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
The candidate will be responsible for all pre and post contract cost management services and must demonstrate a good understanding of the cost management role provided across all stages of a project. These include but are not limited to:
- Cost Reporting to the client
- Preparation of cost plans
- Preparation of tender documentation
- Providing procurement and strategy advice
- Providing contractual advice
- Managing post-contract change
- Relationships and contacts
- Value and risk management
- Project benchmarking
- Construction cost management
- Cost estimating and advice
- Cashflow forecasting and management
- Financial management and control
- Tender documentation
- Technical and options appraisals
This consultancy will provide you with a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible working conditions and the opportunity of an exciting and dynamic career, ensuring the necessary support and structure is in place to advance your own professional and personal development.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org