Location: Leeds and Manchester (Hale)
Contact Name: Sarah Gibson
This is an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals with expertise in landscape planning, impact assessment and design to work on a diverse range of projects with a friendly and vibrant multidisciplinary team of Landscape Architects, Landscape Planners, Planners and Urban Designers.
Gillespies is an award-winning, highly respected design practice that employs c.140 talented staff across the UK. We are currently seeking experienced, committed and ambitious Landscape Planners or Landscape Architects with a keen interest in landscape planning to join our growing teams in Manchester and Leeds.
The role will include preparation of:
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA) for a range of development proposals across the residential, mixed use, commercial, infrastructure, energy and renewables sectors;
- Strategic studies such as Landscape Character Assessments, Landscape Sensitivity and Capacity Studies and Green Infrastructure Strategies; and
- Design and Access Statements, detailed site appraisals and development frameworks.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Organising access to sites to undertake surveys, plan the survey programme;
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders, including local authorities, Historic England, Natural England amongst others;
- Mentoring junior staff and assisting preparation of bids and fee proposals; and
- Preparing evidence for Public Inquiries and DCO Examinations.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Landscape Architecture or related discipline (for example Landscape Planning, Geography, Environmental Planning)
- CMLI desirable but not essential
- Demonstrable experience in a similar consultancy environment working to often tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical, report writing and field survey skills
- Experience of using CAD and preferably GIS
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Good understanding of Environmental Impact Assessment and the planning process
- Organisational skills and efficient working
- Proven team working ability as well as confidence to work independently
- Competence in InDesign would be an advantage
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for the right person to take their career to the next level working within a supportive team environment with lots of opportunities to develop technical and project delivery skills, as well as a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and benefits package. We are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements, including part time working (minimum 30 hours per week).
To apply please send your CV and portfolio of recent work (max 10MB please), identifying your preferred location (both addresses below) to: email@example.com. If you would like an informal chat about the position please contact Sarah Gibson on 0161 928 7715.
Deadline for applications: 13 July 2018
44 Hale Road Altrincham
Cheshire WA14 2EX
5th Floor, Phoenix House
3 South Parade,
Leeds, LS1 5Q
To find out more about Gillespies and to see the wide range of exciting projects we are currently involved in, please visit www.gillespies.co.uk. Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org