Salary: Competitive salary, plus car
Location: 1-2 days in Congleton, the rest wherever you choose
Option for hybrid working and flexible working hours.
Adlington Retirement Living is part of the well-established Gladman group of companies, with over 30 years development experience. We are a fast-growing, award-winning company that designs, builds and operates luxury retirement communities across the UK.
A quality-focused, family run business, we continue to make significant investment into employees and commercial projects, with ongoing success directly attributed to a strong emphasis on teamwork and open communication. Each member of the growing workforce is valued by the experienced and approachable Senior Leadership Team.
The Role – Senior Land Manager or Land Director
As a key member of our Land Acquisitions team, you’ll be seeking out and securing high-profile locations to support our strategic plans, while working closely with colleagues across our Land, Planning, Architectural and Technical teams.
You’ll be responsible for all aspects of site appraisal and acquisition, which will include:
- Identifying suitable land acquisition opportunities
- Undertaking residual valuations for land appraisals
- Managing the in-house Planning, Technical, Architectural and Commercial teams to coordinate successful land bids
- Evaluating comparable sales data
- Negotiating legal agreements
- Meeting with Local Authorities, agents and landowners
As a Land Manager or Land Director, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive salary with company car or car allowance
- Flexible working options, we anticipate 1-2 days per week in our Congleton office with the rest worked wherever you choose
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Time off in lieu system, enabling you to accrue an extra day off every 4 weeks (providing potential for an additional 13 days of leave per year)
- Health cover for yourself and your family
- Life insurance
- 6% employer pension contributions
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Our flexible working policy provides the option for you to work a minimum of 1-2 days per week at our offices in Congleton, Cheshire with the rest of the week worked wherever you choose.
Our Requirements – Land Manager or Land Director
- Substantial experience of land acquisition / land purchasing
- Experience at a residential housebuilder preferred but not essential
- A solid understanding of the UK planning system
- Good geographical knowledge of either the North West, Yorkshire or Midlands region
- Ability to assess and analyse technical and financial information
- Results driven and self-motivated with a proactive approach to work
- Full UK driving licence
Although not essential, an accreditation with RICS and/or RTPI, along with experience of working for a residential housebuilder/developer, would be advantageous.
All applications for this Land Manager or Land Director vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org