Salary: highly competitive salary + car allowance & benefits (please enquire)
Location: Manchester/North West
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley MRICS
Telephone: 07879 413 765
Our client is a highly successful property company – with unrivalled expertise focused across multiple sectors – retail & leisure, industrial, office, residential and development.
The business has grown to become one of the major forces in real estate in the North of England, primarily focused across major Northern conurbations, including the Northwest, with a portfolio approaching 3 million sq ft and a sizeable landbank for both current and future development.
Reporting to the Property Director, the Senior Asset Manager will be part of an established team responsible for the pro-active asset management of predominantly the Industrial element of a £500m property portfolio, whilst playing a lead role in protecting and enhancing the value of a designated mixed-use property and land portfolio.
Whist Asset Management experience is key to this role, both current and future development opportunities within the Industrial sector is pivotal and experience with planning, appraisals, feasibility etc will be required.
The role is based out of South Manchester but, travel across the North-West and Yorkshire regions will be required.
- Annual business planning – assist with formulating and preparing five-year strategic business plans including cash flow forecasts and capital expenditure.
- Identify and appraise asset enhancement initiatives to create added value, liaising with and instructing external consultants as and when required.
- Appraise and recommend redevelopment, development, pre-let, alternative use, repurposing and planning promotion opportunities.
- Constructing and updating development appraisals to be used for monitoring projects, reporting to senior management and Board approvals.
- Implement the business plan initiatives against targets and report on any changes and alternative strategies.
- Oversee and implement strategies to promote the land holdings across the portfolio liaising with and pro-actively managing external planning consultants.
- Prepare asset management memorandums and reports with recommended strategies for Board approval.
- Assist and provide updates for inclusion in the monthly asset management and quarterly Board reports
- Input and assist on the annual valuation of the property and land portfolio liaising with the external valuers.
- Assist the Property Director on future acquisitions & disposals to include coordinating due diligence and ready for sale packs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external advisors and key stakeholders.
- Liaising with external consultants and letting agents to negotiate new lease agreements on development, redevelopment and pre-let opportunities through to Board approval.
- Manage external consultants & negotiate asset management transactions to include rent reviews, lease renewals, surrenders, relocations, expansions and re-gears.
- Devise and implement leasing strategies to achieve lettings on vacant space via regular meetings and liaison with the appointed letting agents.
- Manage external consultants on dilapidation claims.
- MRICS qualified – minimum of 5 years post qualified experience.
- Extensive experience in commercial asset management, preferably within industrial & retail
- Experience in / detailed knowledge of planning and development.
- Strong numerical ability.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to undertake development appraisals.
- You will have entrepreneurial flair, a commercial mind-set and adopt a proactive approach to your work.
- Excellent communicator, you will also have excellent attention to detail and possess a real “can do” attitude.
- Good knowledge of Excel essential and preferable Argus Developer and Enterprise software
- UK Driving Licence
- A highly competitive basic salary – D.O.E.
- Car Allowance of £4,800 per annum
- 27 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Pension (9% company contribution of salary).
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
To apply for this position in complete confidence, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley at Kingsley on 07879 413 765 for further information.
Kingsley is a leading Property & Built Environment Recruitment Consultancy, providing across all levels of seniority, throughout the Northwest and beyond. Our Directors’ hold a true mix of time-served surveying experience and high-level Professional Recruitment, which sets us apart from our competitors
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com