Salary: Competitive Salary
Location: Preston | Flexible Working
Contact Name: Brin Gleeson
Vertical Recruitment has teamed up Smith & Love Planning Consultants and are working exclusively with them to recruit a Senior/ Associate Planner to join their business at an exciting time of growth.
If you are a dedicated, hardworking professional seeking a new challenge, Smith & Love can offer you a great environment to work in, with a real focus on investing in their team and sharing in each other’s success.
Located in Preston but offering flexible working you will be involved across a wide range of sectors such as, residential, commercial, education, health, retail and leisure working on a great mix of projects.
The successful candidate can expect to undertake the following day-to-day tasks:
- Appraise the development potential of sites and provide written and verbal advice to clients.
- Brief and manage external sub-consultants in the preparation of planning applications and appeals. Independently prepare and manage small to medium scale planning applications and appeals.
- Support the Directors in larger scale planning applications, appeals, strategic land promotion and Neighbourhood Local Plan preparation.
- Undertake business development and attend business networking events.
- Chartership (desired but not essential)
- High quality written and oral communication.
- A good understanding of planning legislation.
- Highly organised with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Be self-motivated and be able to nurture strong relationships with clients, local authorities and external teams.
- Experience of managing deadlines and successfully delivering projects.
- Have strong commercial awareness in either the private sector or local authority; and
Be willing to work flexibly as and when required.
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary
- Excellent holiday + bank holidays
- pension scheme
- Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing planning consultancy which strives for colleagues to grow and develop. To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively please feel free to call on 07786064007 for a confidential chat.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com