Salary: £40-50,000 DOE (plus car allowance)
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a leading, established and reputable property consultancy in Manchester.
Our client is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Development Surveyor (Senior or Associate level) to join their Manchester office. With an excellent regional and national client base, industry contacts and a highly qualified and professional team, the client has grown to be a successful and dynamic firm of Chartered Surveyors and Property Managers and one of the top 50 nationwide property consultants in the UK.
The client provides advice on a range of property matters including agency, auctions, lease advisory, valuation, CPO, investment, planning, building consultancy, business rates, property management, capital allowances and expert witness, serving the Greater Manchester, North West and nation-wide arena.
A role with a clear development path has arisen, to handle land and development matters for a range of private and public sector clients. The development consultancy team assists with acquisition, sale and development consultancy across residential, commercial and mixed use schemes. This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to join our clients’ established North West team.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Experience in property and land agency and working with development opportunities across the North West to take a leading role within the team
- Geographical area covered is predominantly the North West
- With a true mix of development consultancy, you will be required to:
- Consult and advise on values and planning issues
- Formulate option agreements and planning proposals
- Work with a range of public sector clients, as well as private property owners and individuals
- Provide transactional work as well as strategic advice
- Assess the viability of developments
- Conduct development appraisals
- Provide strategic advice
- Negotiate Heads of Terms
- Negotiate deals and values, and
- Undertake the full range of land and development work.
*The above list summarises main responsibilities but is not exhaustive of the duties required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ideally MRICS qualified: 1-3 years post qualification experience minimum
- Knowledge of the NW development/residential market (advantageous, not essential)
- Previously worked in a similar role for a property consultancy or for a residential/commercial developer
- Excellent knowledge of the whole planning process
- Strong technical capability
- The ability to efficiently manage your own workload with minimum supervision, dealing with and progressing instructions using personal initiative and professional/technical knowledge.
- Planning and prioritising skills to schedule work and ensure its timely completion, taking into account conflicting deadlines.
- Strong drive for results and highly proactive in order to maintain momentum and complete the task.
- A high degree of analytical ability.
- Portrays confidence in their ability to interact with the client, and meet their needs
- Knowledge of sales and lettings
- Excellent communication, presentation and client interfacing skills
- Knowledge of Circle Developer, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Highly motivated and ambitious to succeed
- IT literate
- Full driving licence.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary of up to £50,000 (D.O.E.)
- Generous Car Allowance
- Other benefits that you would expect from a leading consultancy.
To apply for this position then please email your CV to email@example.com or call Andrew Kingsley at Kingsley on 0161 393 9889 for further information.
Kingsley is a niche leading recruitment consultancy, specialising in the property, legal and engineering sectors. We recruit across the UK, so if you are looking for your career next move, call us for a confidential chat, look on our website www.kingsleyrecruitment.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org