Location: Greater Manchester
Contact Name: Pat Law
Contract / freelance role
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire: to help our clients create liveable, sustainable and advanced urban environments. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
This role is initially a c.3 month contract.
IBI Group’s award-winning Handforth office is searching for a qualified Technologist to support the team in the delivery of a key local project.
Your role will be to provide a high level of technical support including timely production of accurate design and technical information using Revit software ensuring consistent and accurate use of agreed BIM standards, management of specifications, drawing packages and technical detailing.
The project is an exciting new build high rise residential development.
- Technical design development
- Engagement with D&B Contactor
- Preparation of construction information packages
- Quality monitoring and coordination of drawing information with regular programme reviews, use and knowledge of office standards, day-to-day management of project administration, awareness of health & safety and building legislation requirements
- Effective time and resources management
- Supporting studio management team with input to programming, resourcing and financial reviews and business development activities. Input to bid submissions, interview presentations and design reviews, CPD and practice-wide standards development
Qualifications and skills
- CIAT qualified Technologist
- Revit experience essential with evidence of good quality output, good technical knowledge of building detailing and construction
- Specific experience of new build high rise residential projects would be especially welcome