Contact Name: Alan Williams
A great opportunity to work for an established award-winning architectural practice who are on the up with new projects coming in rapidly. We are a national practice just outside Preston, with easy access to Manchester and Liverpool, we offer the opportunity grow and succeed within the business.
We have an increased workload across all sectors including Higher Education, Science and Research, and Retail. We are looking to hear from Senior Architect to help deliver projects across an exciting and diverse range of work from a new build £4.2 million retail project to an £6 million refurbishment of a Student Residences.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will join our team of 13 and work across all RIBA stages, from concept design to handover upon completion. You will be working on a broad range of projects including education, commercial, retail and research.
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum of 5 years UK professional experience
• Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
• Extensive understanding of UK Building Regulations and planning processes
• Team-working ethic and capability
• Ability to self-motivate and work alone when necessary
• Excellent client facing and communication skill
• Excellent written communication skills
• Commercial awareness and understanding of project management
• NBS specification writing and desktop publishing experience would be advantageous
• Car ownership is a necessity
The role would suit an Architect who wishes to work on a broad range of sectors and additionally desires to grow themselves rapidly alongside the business. Ideally candidates for the position should be permanently resident within a thirty five mile radius of the Samlesbury office.
Salary & Package
The successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive salary, depending on experience, plus the following benefits:
• 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays plus time off at Christmas
• Annual pay reviews
• A discretionary bonus dependent on company and personal performance
• Company pension scheme, with above minimum contributions
• Life Cover
• Private Health
Alongside the generous remuneration package, our friendly practice can offer a superb career path including training, ongoing CPD and social events as well as the opportunity to work on fantastic projects with a rural outlook.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Please submit by email a CV in PDF format together with salary expectations and availability to Wilson Mason at SeniorArchitectnw@wilsonmason.co.uk and highlight ‘SENIOR ARCHITECT CV’ as the e-mail subject.
No agency submissions, thank you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org