Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (plus benefits)
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
A multidisciplinary surveying consultancy that has a strong and well established Property Management Department, both residential and commercial, from their Liverpool office, and acts for investors and occupiers in the residential, office, industrial and retail markets, is looking for an experienced Residential Block Manager.
Joining our client’s established residential (and commercial) teams, you will need to be a professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wish to join a dynamic and fast-paced environment with a varied portfolio.
Ideally, the candidates will have a minimum of 3 years Residential Block Management experience with solid proven experience of managing assets/portfolios for individual investors, property companies and residential management companies. In addition, there may be some element of commercial property management with this role which would be a major benefit.
Current/Previous experience in the Property Management sector is essential and all applicants shall possess, amongst other skills, the following attributes:
- Have a high attention to detail, well organised and a good initiative level
- Be a team player
- Be articulate, professional and persuasive with a good telephone manner and good report writing skills
- Ability to work with a relatively high degree of autonomy, with minimal supervision
- Be adaptable and above all keen and enthusiastic
The successful candidate will be proactive with the flowing responsibilities:
- Carry out regular property inspections
- Be responsible for preparing for client meetings, recording minutes of those meetings and carrying out any actions arising
- Ensure accurate client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales
- Reading and summarising of leases and ensure accurate data is maintained on the property management system and to regularly check update and audit the accuracy of the data
- Take a proactive approach in terms of asset management opportunities and the exploiting of potential initiatives
- Ensure compliance with all industry legislation
- Advance planning for critical lease event dates such as reviews, lease expiry and options and assisting with an implementation strategy for these
- Ensure tenant arrears are proactively managed in conjunction with the central credit control team
- Dealing with the tenant and client queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Produce service charge budgets and reconciliations
- Review service charge cash flow and budget regularly
- Liaise with the building managers to ensure that buildings are well maintained
- Invoice approval and ensuring correct coding of expenditure in line with the budgets
- Numerate and technically competent
- Strong attention to detail and a practical pragmatic common-sense approach to management
- Ability to deal with challenging mandates and cope with a high work-load
- Excellent IT, problem solving, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal and managerial skills
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- RICS Qualified (ideal, not essential)
- Ideally, minimum 3 years within Residential Block Management
- High degree of commerciality and experience of development business with existing clients
- Experience within a professional services environment and working with blue-chip companies
- Excellent communication and client interfacing skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Full, clean driving licence
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley MRICS on 07879 413 765 for further information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com