Location: Didsbury, Greater Manchester
Contact Name: Pat Law
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create liveable, sustainable and advanced urban environments. From high-rises to high end research buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group is expanding our Higher Education & Science Studio (IBI Learning+) and as such we are seeking a highly motivated Architect with leadership skills and proven experience in this sector.
The UK&I region within IBI Group encompasses 10 studios contributing to IBI Group’s standing as one of the top ten largest architectural practices in the world as well as being the largest landscape architectural practice globally.
IBI Group is a design led practice capable of delivering complex, high profile projects of all scales and we demonstrate the genuine improvements our designs make through IBI THiNK, our in house R&D programme.
We are seeking a local leader to build presence, credibility, and capability for our Higher Education & Science Studio in the Didsbury area of Manchester. We welcome applications from highly motivated and qualified Architects with leadership skills and proven experience in this sector. You will operate within the broader Buildings Workstream which includes other sectors such as Healthcare, Commercial, and Housing and there is significant opportunity for you enjoy the cross over between these areas as well as other business streams in Systems and Infrastructure.
You will drive the UK&I sector strategy for 2018 / 20 across your Studio in consultation with your IBI Group peers and be responsible for the future development of that strategy for your region which will incorporate Manchester, The North West and Yorkshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a Studio within an expanding firm and growth sector.
- Leading and supporting on projects with ultimate responsibility for programme and budget management, effective time and resources management and promoting best practice & knowledge within the Studio
- Together with bid and marketing teams, lead business development and marketing initiatives including coordinating the preparation of proposals
- Deliver effective and efficient management of resources within the Studio
- Support the UK&I sector lead in undertaking the assessment of opportunities using the Decision-to-Bid process and recommend projects to pursue
- Once identified, lead bids in the Sector from Prequalification Stage through to Tender, Interview.
- Act as Project Director and point of client on projects in the Studio
- Contribute to the ongoing and overall success of the Sector, region and IBI Group – support and strengthen IBI Group’s vision, goals and values
- Promote collaborative working practices throughout the region and nationally, championing the aims of harmonisation and excellence
- Adopt and promote excellent people management practices
- Interface with clients, consultants, contractors, and others during various stages of project development.
- Manage work assignments on projects, within group and with other disciplines
- Coordinating contract documents, design, consulting teams and follow projects through to completion (contract administration)
- Resolve complex technical and design issues
Qualifications and Skills:
- Naturally you’ll hold full ARB Registration
- Experience of leadership in an Architectural Practice and a background working with Russell Group Universities
- Competent when leading complex research and science projects (public and / or private) with Project Director level experience
- Knowledgeable in the use of BIM on project delivery
- Committed to an Evidence Based Approach to design
- Demonstrable experience of securing new commissions from Russell Group Universities, scientific research and / or commercial research organisations
- Established existing network of contacts within the sector
- Experienced in commercial management and negotiation of fees
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org