Salary: £49,416 to £52,256
Employer: Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council
Salary: £49,416 to £52,256
Location: Wallasey Town Hall
Working Pattern: Flexible Hours/Full Time
Hours: 36 hours.
DBS Check: No
Closing Date: 07/03/2021 at 23:55 PM
Wirral is home to vibrant, energetic and engaged communities, people who take real ownership of their local area and are passionate about making Wirral a better place. The council and its partners have pledged to #BeTheDifference.
We’ve got ambitious targets to meet by 2025. To achieve everything we have promised to our residents, we need people who are driven and ready to deliver the very best for our communities – #BeTheDifference.
Regeneration Development Manager
2 year opportunity (18 month contract)
Flexible, Agile and Remote opportunities available for this role
This is an exciting opportunity to join Wirral and be a key player within the regeneration team having a major role supporting regeneration development across Wirral. This role will specifically focus on the development of Birkenhead Town Centre in particular supporting both office and residential projects to ensure the regeneration and place function delivers and achieves its objectives.
Above all you will have strong communication skills, an ability to negotiate and manage several stakeholders, whilst acting on your own initiative and having a drive to deliver at pace.
We are looking for someone who has a formal qualification in a relevant discipline such as surveying, planning, housing, construction or equivalent. You will have a proven experience as a project leader/manager, with demonstrable experience in providing development and project management services across multi-faceted regeneration schemes.
This will include: housing, office and retail development. You will also have an understanding of local government.
Key duties for this role will include:
- Provide professional and technical advice on behalf of the Council to bring forward major projects and regeneration initiatives with particular emphasis on new office and residential projects within Birkenhead Town Centre.
- To support the Regeneration Lead and Assistant Director in progressing major regeneration initiatives across Birkenhead.
- Take a lead and have responsibility for supporting development with our partners implementing, monitoring and providing overall management of specific regeneration projects within Birkenhead Town Centre.
- Provide knowledge and expertise to support the team across complex design, construction and delivery elements and major office and residential projects.
- Provide direction, input and feedback on projects, coordinating the delivery of resources ensuring efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work collaboratively with master planners, developers, surveyors, architects and multiple stakeholders to meet project aims and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate development agreements, programmes and projects ensuring best price and quality standards are met throughout.
- Prepare and present reports/business cases to stakeholders, senior leadership team and Committees of the Council and any other bodies as required.
- Ensure that all financial, procurement and audit requirements are met in the implementation of projects.
For an informal discussion please contact Andrew Wallace by email at email@example.com
Interviews are anticipated for March 2021
Do you want to #BeTheDifference?
Click below and tell us why.
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.
It is Council policy not to re-appoint any employee who has left under the terms of the Council’s Early Voluntary Retirement (EVR) scheme or who have left with a voluntary severance (VS) package, unless in exceptional circumstances.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications.
Applications can only be accepted through the Jobs page following registration. Forms received via the post will not be processed.
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK. Details of required documents can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the Council’s Jobs page.
The job description and other supporting documents will not be accessible once the vacancy closing date has passed so if a copy is required you should download it now.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org