Contact Name: Aimee Ashworth
A fantastic and rare opportunity to join a well-established and energetic property company, based in Manchester city centre. Hurstwood Holdings is a long-established property investment and development group currently with over £180m of commercial and residential property on 120 sites nationwide housing over 800 occupier clients, and our priority is both the letting of our vacant space and retention of existing occupiers. We have a proactive and highly experienced team of property professionals who make it their business to understand the property market inside-out.
Alongside the growing investment portfolio, Hurstwood Holdings carries out select luxury housing development in only the very best locations throughout the North West of England but predominantly Cheshire and Lancashire. We pride ourselves on constructing only quality homes with premium finishes in unique locations, providing an offering that is incredibly rare amongst new homes.
We are now looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join our busy team. The successful candidate will be expected to manage a number of housing projects, ideally with an all-encompassing QS/PM role, overseeing Site Managers/Supervisors and reporting directly to the Project Director however the company’s relatively flat structure encourages all members of the team to interact regularly including with senior board directors, the managing director and the CEO.
Hurstwood Holdings has a healthy land bank and is actively obtaining further premium development sites in the region and therefore able to provide a stable long-term position to the right applicant.
The Quantity Surveyor role will include the following:
- Budget and Cost Control
- Procurement of all necessary resources for site team
- Estimating development costs for future projects
- Appointing and liaising with design and technical consultants
- Sourcing and managing approved contractors lists
- Updating project requirements as required – negotiating variations and claims
- Contractor measurement and cost control
- Project Management including programming and managing teams of site staff and contractors
- Ensuring strong health & safety practices on and off site
The successful candidate will ideally be RICS chartered and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role. The role requires a team player who is well organised with an ability to prioritise and work under pressure yet has good attention to detail. A professional approach along with excellent communication skills will be necessary since the role will involve dealings with contractors, colleagues and customers.
A driving license is essential.
A competitive salary will be offered, subject to experience, with the option for a company car/car allowance available. The company also offers a strong annual performance-based bonus and pension scheme.
Hurstwood Holdings consists of a friendly and family-orientated team, who work well together based at our Head Office in Manchester City Centre. We are a social team and the benefits of working at Hurstwood include:
- Well located and modern city centre office with extensive amenities
- Relatively flat structure so all team interact with CEO and Managing Director
- Fantastic graduate scheme, we have seen graduates move to director positions
- Regular social events with company paid lunches
All applications complete with a cover letter to:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org